Monday, September 8, 2008

Things that worked - really well

Every thing that I used that I took with me worked well. The Steri-pen is so cool - it worked great and was easy and quick. My tent is easy to set up, roomy, and well-ventilated.

One of the best pieces of equipment that I had was my backpack, though. When it was on my back, it didn't even feel like it weighed anything at all. The only way I knew there was extra weight on my back is because I could feel it on my feet.

My MSR pocket rocket stove boils water so fast, if I felt like cooking something, I was eating in less than 10 minutes, including letting the food sit. It was so easy!

I'm so glad that I took the hiking poles. The cork grips were especially good because they didn't get sticky or sweaty.

I may do a more thorough write-up later, but that's it for now. I was really, really pleased with how well everything worked. I was able to just enjoy the trek, which was awesome.

No comments: