Thursday, July 24, 2008

Packing list

Here's my packing list so far - some of these weights are approximate. I may post my total pack weight once I'm packed. I've intentionally inflated some of these numbers so that I keep the total weight in line.
All weights except the total are ounces. 30 lbs is about my goal, so if my estimates here are right, I should be in good shape
Also - some of these items will only be in the listed quantity during the first (longest) leg of the trip. I may ship some stuff home if it's not needed.
Packing List




Gear
Shoes/Boots
Sleeping Bag 49
Sleeping pad 48
tent 57
Backpack 48
compass 2
map & guide 13.4
sunglasses
watch (cheap-ish)
head lamp 2.75
whistle
pocketknife 2
Headnet (mosquitoes) 2


Outerwear
rain jacket 13.6
Rain pants 8
warm hat 2.7
polarfleece 6
liner gloves 4


Clothes
Shorts/capris (2) 8
sleeveless tops (2) 8
Long sleeve top 4
Socks (3) 8.4
Underwear (4) 9
sports bras (3) 16.8
Long und. Bottoms 8.6
bandana 2
long und. top 6




Kitchen
stove & pot 8
spoon 1
bowl 3
fuel 12.6
Steri-pen 4
Iodine tablets 2
food 48
snacks 20
bear bag (ursack)
Odor proof bags 6
Water bottle (platypus)
3L Hydration system (platypus) 4
lighter 2


First Aid kit 14
mesh bag
tweezers
safety pins
antibiotic ointment
antiseptic towelettes
Wound Closure Strips
Moleskin
Duct tape
bandaids
Ace
Bandanna
Naproxen
Antihistamine
Emergency Blanket
Safety matches
Lighter


Toiletry bag 14




Miscellaneous
plastic trash bag 2
camera 10
book for entertainment 8
journal & pens 8




Total 30.99


Winston’s list
backpack
water bowl
food bowl
food
leash

Breakfast will be oatmeal with dried fruit. Lunch will be one long snacky meal stretched out all day.
I plan to order in bulk from Mary Jane's Farm, as well as some foods like tuna, salmon, and chicken in pouches from the grocery store for dinner.

No comments: